Sunday 11 March 2012

Mummy is a big fat lazer

Yesterday Twin 2 ate a rat poo. I'm rubbish at getting up on weekend mornings (a fact which led Twin 1 to  call me a 'big fat lazer' this morning), so the children have got in the habit of helping themselves to cereal and eating it in front of kids' telly, knowing that I won't lurch into consciousness until at least eight o'clock. Yesterday Twin 2 came up at 8.01 to tell me the news that she'd just eaten rats poo by mistake because Son had the rats out on the sofa and she'd dropped a coco pop but when she picked it up, it wasn't a coco pop, it was something else... so that was when I decided that it was probably time to get up and cook some bacon sarnies for everyone. I can just imagine Twin 2 telling her teacher that she eats rat poo for breakfast, whilst Twin 1 chips in with the comment that they have to eat rat poo because Mummy is a big fat lazer who won't get out of bed.
Apart from that the weekend has been mercifully uneventful. The most exciting thing I have done is to try to source things for Son to dress up in when it's science dress up day at school. He's decided to go as a solar flare...
Just realised that I should be spending my spare time reading the rest of The Shipping News (which is really good - if you haven't read I can thoroughly recommend) or I won't get it finished in time for my workshop.
Hope you had a good weekend xxx

No comments: