Sunday 29 April 2012

Hi, Saturday night and a house full of pesky kids. Twins' friend E is having a sleepover. She is quiet, clever (knows her eight times table already, and she's only seven), and doesn't like fizzy pop or chocolate - I have absolutely no idea what she has in common with my girls, but they all seem happy enough up there in their improvised tent on the bedroom floor. Son and I have just watched The Voice. He's a big fan of Samuel, but my money is on Ruth, especially with that rendition of 'Get Here'. Blub? I should say so!
The excitement for tomorrow is a cheerleading party. Both Twins were invited, but I have managed to persuade Twin 2 to bow out. I'm all for inclusivity, but I think that handstands and high kicks would be just a little too much for a girl with cerebral palsy to manage. She was upset, but perked up a bit when she realised that she would still get a party bag. It's a bit difficult at the moment because there have been a few incidences recently where she has to accept that her disability is an issue. We've had tears because I won't let her scooter into school (because she can't actually scooter yet, and because school is at the bottom of an enormous hill), and huffiness because I won't let her join a gymnastics club. I don't want to come across as Nemo's dad, but there are some things that it's just unsafe and impractical for her to do.
Right, I have to go and turn lights off now, will try to think of something cheery to tell you about next time! xxx

No comments: