Monday 16 April 2012

I've developed a TV crush on the one who plays Henry the eighth

Hi, how are things? I've found myself with a bit of spare time, and I know that I should be cleaning the downstairs bathroom or sorting out the finances or doing something productive, but, you know, it's been a while, so I thought I'd write. Talking of it being a while, I went to circuits today for the first time in yonks (since that day when they decided to have a 'fun sports competition' and I ran away - literally). It's all so very painful and humiliating. But someone has to be bottom of the class and make everyone else feel good about themselves, so it might as well be me. The sad thing is that I'm also bottom of the class in yoga, too. Most people are good at either being bendy or fit, but I'm good at neither. Oh, well, better stick at it. The plan is to be nice and buff for the summer, but I have a feeling it might take a bit of work. It's not that I ate lots of Easter eggs, but I did have quite a lot to drink when my friend H was here at the weekend, when we reverted to our student lifestyle, spending the evening drinking, eating crisps and shouting at the telly until H started snoring on the sofa and I wobbled up to bed. The difference is that twenty years ago, when we last existed like that, neither of us had kids, so we could sleep in. Nowadays we have four between us, and although they are very good at sorting themselves out on a weekend, come eight o'clock there had better be toast and bacon or there will be the kind of consequences I don't really want to think about. I feel quite tired today, and the scary circuits haven't helped...
Right then, nearly time for exciting Horrible Histories. Tonight we are having a snack supper in front of Horrible Histories. I don't care if you think this is chavvy. And it has nothing to do with the fact that I've developed a TV crush on the one who plays Henry the eighth, honest! xxx

No comments: