Thursday 12 April 2012

Easter

Hello! How was your Easter? I'm going to try to write something but I admit to being a bit zombied out after my very long trip back from Devon (although also a bit high on heady mix of Red Bull, double-shot lattes and Green & Black's Easter egg). We set off late morning but as the car tyre had been flat my dad directed us to ATS in Totnes to get it looked at before hitting the M5. Turns out that ATS closed down four years ago, but we found somewhere else, luckily. The nice man removed a nail and bunged in some glue and then we were off, by which time it was almost lunch time so we had to stop for a Burger King somewhere in Somerset...by which time the traffic jams had started, so it was already five by the time we got to the M42 so we had to stop again for some sandwiches and caffeine...and by the time we got home it was pretty much bed time. Why does Devon have to be so far away?
Anyway, the Easter weekend was a success. We managed to see some lovely friends from Nepal on Good Friday here in Nottingham. It was fantastic to see them, although it did confirm my suspicion that I am the  hostess with the leastess, because they did end up eating Tesco ready meals that they bought themselves...(oh, was it my fault that they didn't want fish and chips and I didn't have any other food in the house?). The following morning we had breakfast with them at their hotel (I can't think why they decided against sleeping over at my house...) and then we went our separate ways. The Twins didn't manage all their breakfast, so I saved it for Dog to have in the car, but he only ate the sausage and left the bacon, which he sat on for most of the journey...so when we arrived in Devon I gave it to my mother for her own two dogs. For supper that first night we had paella. After we finished it and dutifully said how tasty it was, my mum said that the little bit of bacon had been a nice addition, hadn't it. I said what bacon? And she said, the bacon you gave me. I said, you mean the bacon that was breakfast leftovers that the dog had licked and then been sitting in for five hours in the car?
The next day Twin 1 had diarrhoea. My mum maintains that there is no connection whatsoever between her cooking and her granddaughter's stomach upset, but I beg to differ.
Other than that, it was a pretty good weekend. We went to the beach, we saw the cousins and I managed not to have a row about politics with my dad - well, almost...
Hope you had a good one too.
Take care xxxx

No comments: