Thursday 19 April 2012

Hi, how are you? I got a phone call from my husband last night. On a Wednesday, I know - it was so unexpected that I burst into tears. I didn't sob for long though, as the phone was soon wrested from me by children needing to say important things about missing teeth, lost watches, etc. Not sure why I'm feeling so emotional, but it must be something in the air because this morning both girls were in tears (Twin 1 because  of my unreasonable request that she get dressed before breakfast and Twin 2 because of my unreasonable request that she stop playing 'teachers' and brush her teeth). I can only apologise to them for being clearly the worst mother in the world. Not only are they not allowed a pink television in their room, they are also not allowed to have breakfast in their pyjamas and they have to brush their teeth on school mornings. Bad, bad mother.
Maybe they'll forgive me tomorrow morning because, hurrah, it's their birthday. They are seven (yes, this does make me feel old). I'm going to be spending this evening baking cupcakes and assembling scooters, so hopefully there won't be tears tomorrow...
Right, must go - still working my way through the backlog of washing from the broken washing machine furore. Take care x

No comments: