Thursday 24 May 2012

Hello again. BTW I'm a genius. It's official. I just got eighty percent in my last academic essay. Remember the scary essay that I sweated blood over a couple of months ago? Well, it turns out that I wasn't as useless as I thought, which is jolly good news. I've been feeling all happy and chirpy, not just because of the essay mark and the sunshine and the prospect of Hubby coming home soon, but also because I've just handed in my second semester work (two new chapters for my book plus two short stories and an essay) and now there's just the dissertation to do. I say 'just', it's actually pretty scary because it's another twelve thousand words to conjure up, but hey, I've got my fake tan on and my teeth bleaching mouthguard in and my next door neighbour even mentioned that I looked like I'd lost weight today (yes!) so, frankly, the world is my oyster. Oh, and I'm just about to apply for a job as a dinner lady. Yes, I am. The twins have been nagging me about it and I was laughing at the whole silly notion of me being a lunchtime supervisor at their school, but then I thought, well, it would give me plenty of time to write and fit in with school holidays...so I'm picking up an application form tomorrow. And, of course, I'm already planning the press release for when I get published: "local dinner lady wins Booker Prize"...Right, well I'm off now to watch the Apprentice and wonder why Steve hasn't been fired yet (could you work with him? could you? well, you're a better person than me). Night x

No comments: