Sunday 6 May 2012

Hi, how are things? I'm feeling a combination of perkiness and guilt: perkiness because it has finally stopped raining, but guilt because I really should be out there in the garden making use of the sunshine, and I'm not. Frankly, gardening scares me almost as much as oven cleaning (no, I still haven't done it). Anyway, I've finally got hold of the laptop because Son has been lured out by his friend across the road - he can't resist the boy with the coolest sets of Lego in town. There are various interesting bumps and squeaks from upstairs. The Twins are hosting four friends and I think they're planning a disco, or possibly world domination. I think they would manage world domination fairly swiftly, actually, not least because Twin 2 has some extremely good torture methods that would easily scare any rogue elements into submisson. Under the pink spangly regime, there would be no need for rendering, waterboarding or press censorship. Anyone who didn't agree with the government would simply be subjected to an onslaught of Twin 2's jokes. Let me give you an example of one of the better ones:
-knock knock
-who's there?
-Justin Bieber
-Justin Bieber who?
-Oooh, Justin Bieber is my boyfriend! (followed by insane laughter).
Yep, those subversive agitators would give up in a nanosecond.
So apart from the rise of the pink spangly dominatrices, not much else has happened this weekend...let me think...
Oooh, yes, the Twins have joined a gymnastics class (all the better to outmanoevre their political opponents, perhaps). But what's amazing about this is that, as you know, Twin 2 has cerebral palsy and I thought there was no way ever in a million years that she'd be able to join a gymnastics class, of all things. But Twin 1 is very springy and agile and she wanted to go, and Twin 2 nagged and cried and whinged and employed all her many tactics and in the end I gave way and asked the gymnastics teacher if she could have a go as well...and she said yes! Inclusivity is alive and well and living in a leisure centre in Beeston. I was so overwhelmed at the response that I have to admit to bursting into tears. So that was good. How was your weekend?
Take care xxxx

No comments: