Friday 5 July 2013

being ill is boring

So very bored of feeling ill now. I felt rubbish all day yesterday, but battled through my cheery lessons on 'Dorset Life' (students were listening for gist, listening for specific information, listening to the teacher doing her comedy 'yokel' accent and pretending to find her funny, etc.). Next week I've decided to do a lesson on 'Neighbours', and yes, I have chosen it mainly because then I get to play the 'Neighbours' theme tune and talk about Scott and Charlene's wedding. But anyway, the point is, I taught all day and felt utterly rubbish by the end of it all, which necessitated lots of brufen and tea and toast on the sofa (yes, the fasting day went out of the window) and no housework and I thought that by giving myself a night off I'd feel better today, but no. I still feel pants. Twin 1 was feeling ill too, today, so she was off school, so I couldn't have a morning of tea and toast in front of Phil & Holly, because Twin 1's need for Scooby Doo took precedence. I just had to go back to bed. I got up for lunch (chicken soup, natch) and then went back to bed until school pick up time (and by then Twin 1 was better, and was out on the trampoline in a ball dress and wooly tights, which she assured me was a perfect way to convalesce). After school, I made the kids watch a DVD with me and banished other children from the house (I don't like other people's children when I'm ill - do you?). It was 'We bought a zoo'. I cried, Son played on his tablet most of the way through, and the Twins got bored at the emotional bits, and put on their ball dresses to go out on the trampoline. I continued to blub, alone on the sofa, wishing Hubby was there for tea and sympathy (although in reality, if he were here, he'd be calling me a malingering tart by now, because I'm not allowed to be ill for more than twenty four hours).
I know, I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to stop bleating on and make myself some tea and toast to have in front of the telly now. And you know what, the washing up can blooming well wait until tomorrow!
Maudlin-ly yours xxx

No comments: