Monday 1 July 2013

Sorry, ten days have suddenly zipped by and it's almost July. What's been going on? Well, my lovely boss had a word with the Russian student, and in the last lesson she was as charming as you fancy. Not only did she smile and engage with the class, she told me I looked like Princess Kate. In response,  I told her that she was my new best friend. Obviously, we were both lying, but hey.

What else? Twins got to sing Abba songs at a 'music festival' at a local school last weekend: lots of people desperately trying to have a good time despite the rain, wind, and overpriced beverages (much like other music festivals, I guess - apart from Glastonbury, which has suddenly become a national treasure, like a sort of festival version of Barbara Windsor).

Son has been practising hard for his role in the school play. He's going to be the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. He gets to sing 'If I only had a brain'  - casting perhaps a little ironic. Anyway, all three of them are watching the 1939 version, again, and I'm letting them get on with it even though it's past bedtime and it's a Sunday night...oh no, Twin 2 has just been in and berated me for not remembering to do her speech therapy session. Well, I'm not doing it now. No siree, Bob.

Hubby has gone to Iceland. Almost. He's skippering a yacht there for a couple of weeks, but we won't see him until the end of July. He was getting a bit glum about it, mainly because it'll be all cold and cloudy up there, apparently - not all that much different to here - and I can't help thinking what did he expect? It's the arctic blooming circle for goodness sakes! In any case, the trip was entirely his choice so I have no sympathy (and I shall have even less sympathy when he goes back to the Caribbean next year - unless we all get presents, in which case I may have a small change of heart).

Right, I really ought to do my motherly duty and send the kids to bed. It's a school day tomorrow, you know! xxx

No comments: