Wednesday 3 July 2013

nameless

I know, I ought to be doing yoga or meditation or cleaning the bathroom or something useful. But I feel like I've been ignoring you recently, so I'm taking time to write. Although it is nearly 10.30 so I can only give you a couple of moments because I do actually want to go to bed. Today was a good day. I wasn't fasting, so I ate lots of homemade  toast and jam and sushi and putanesca sauce and chocolate milkshake and hot chocolate and...blimey, when I write it all down I realise why I need to do fasting days twice a week. I wrote another chapter of the book, took delivery of a cabin bed and had half the street round the house for a play date after school (didn't really mind, except  when the pesky girls stole all the sugar-free gum I'd been saving for my fasting day tomorrow, the minxes). Nameless-the-rat got abandoned on the sofa whilst Son went off on his bike with the new boy next door. She was staring with her red eyes and wiggling her large furry bottom as if she was about to contemplate jumping off the sofa and escaping, but she didn't fool me. She would never be bothered to actually escape; she's just not that sort of rat. If she was a woman, she'd be a baggy-football-shirt and open tub of Ben & Jerry's type of girl, if you know what I mean. Anyway, she's back in her cage now, snoring happily, after another big meal. Okay, well, bedtime now, and two two-hour ESOL lessons and a mere five hundred calories to look forward to tomorrow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

- Emma

emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

Amy Waif said...

hey Emma :)