Tuesday 24 September 2013

Hiya, my husband has accused me of being yet another one of those closet middle-class alcoholics because of the atrocious spelling in the last post. I want to make it clear that I had nothing stronger than a soda water with lemon juice because I was on a fasting day. However, I was writing in bed, on my phone, using the handwriting function. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it (hic) ;)
Anyway, I have suddenly found myself with splat of spare time due to Twin 2 not wanting to do her physiotherapy in front of 'Tracey Beaker Returns', and my not having the energy to argue (she did physio at school today anyway, and she ran all the way home after school - so that'll just have to do).
Today I have been mostly planning my romance sub-plot. No, not the George Clooney one, sadly, the one in my novel. Oh, there are so many things getting in the way of them finally getting together and finding happiness, not least the small matter of our heroine's identity theft, and her man's life-threatening job in bomber command. I'm sure it will all end well...or will it? I have a plan for them now, at least.
I was wondering why it's taking me quite so long to finish writing this book, and it's not just down to rogue INSET days, teachers' strikes, an absent husband, housework and my three micro-jobs. No, it's because  the book is three-in-one. It's a love story, a tragedy and a coming-of-age novel all bound together in a pacey historical package. When I finally get the damn thing how I want it, whoever buys it will be getting a right bargain, a BOGOF plotline, if you will.
Tracey Beaker is getting all spooky and there is a whole sofa full of riveted kids over there. I'm going to take the opportunity of children frozen to the spot in fright to make a nice cuppa, without fear of being interrupted by someone asking for a biscuit/roll of sellotape/IT support for confusing homework website.
Hope you had a productive day too xx

No comments: