Saturday 14 September 2013

So that's done then. I'll now only be teaching one full day a week after half term, instead of two. My boss didn't look overjoyed at my decision, but she has a good five weeks to find my replacement. Which means I'll have more time to work on my other two jobs (workshop leader and literacy project co-ordinator) and also edit my manuscript. So it's all good, really. Oh, and I've already lost all the weight I put on in the summer hols, hurrah.
Today, whilst the cleaner was doing her amazing job, I went to a cafe and re-read my manuscript and did lots of scribbling in red pen, whilst drinking lattes. When I got home the house was spanking clean and I felt like I'd got a plan for my revisions. It was great, almost like being back in Nepal - almost (minus the sunshine and the lovely people to cook my supper and mow my lawn and do my ironing, obviously).
My husband has come back home this week more tired than a big slice of tired pie and has beaten the kids to bed. They're all watching a re-run of Doctor Who and I'm drinking a spare can of Magner's I just discovered in the fridge.
I was supposed to be doing a sailing course this weekend, but the weather is looking a trifle glum, so I have accidentally-on-purpose forgotten all about it. We have an exciting tax return to do, and a visit from my sister-in-law, in any case, so bobbing about in a small boat on the river Trent in the rain will just have to wait.
Twin 2 has decided to go to bed now, so I'd better go (can't say I blame her, Dr Who is getting a little scary).
Have a fab weekend x

No comments: