Thursday 11 June 2009

Bangkok, oriental city

We're off to Bangkok (oriental city) in the summer. Don't think we'll be doing any chess playing though - apart from Son, perhaps, who is turning into a right old geek and beats us all at tigers and goats (except for last time, when he took pity on my uselessness and gave me some hot tips on how to trap his tigers, and then I won, hurrah, and what's more refused a re-match as it was past seven o'clock and thus bedtime, double hurrah). Hubby and I have both refused to teach him chess ourselves as we're just not up to the task, but he'll be joining the chess club at school after the holidays. It won't be long before he starts playing Dungeons and Dragons and writing his own software, I suspect. My prediction for him is a career in IT (unless Lego decide to take him on as a spaceship design consultant). 
Quite excited about the prospect of Bangkok. We're planning to get some kind of last minute deal on a suite in a posh hotel. Feel sorry for the poor hotel that ends up with us - it will take weeks for them to clear up every last Barbie shoe and Lego attachment after we've gone.
What I really ought to be doing right now is writing my book and doing my Nepali homework, but this blog is turning into an exercise in procrastination, soz.
Nepali lessons get scarier every week, as Hubby has turned into a right girly swot and practices all the time at work. I however, am too scared to attempt much with the disaffected youth who drives our car (Vasu), so I am the dunce in the corner, drawing stick men in my notebook and sneakily checking my watch.
Really must go now xxx

No comments: