Wednesday 10 June 2009

I have planter's fistula

I have Planter's fistula. Or something like that (the locum was Nepali and I may have misheard). It sounds very exciting, but merely means that my foot hurts. I wonder if it could be linked to the fat-busting shoes, which, I might add, have not lived up to their marketing claims one tiny bit. 

Wild excitement this week with the Partners' club farewell dinner planned for tomorrow night. I am just giddy with anticipation of the tasty tuck and scintillating conversation that the night has in store (my mother always said that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit - sorry, Mum). Ah well, at least I can tell lots of people about my Planter's fistula. Hubby is not interested, mainly because it will involve listening to me, and dishing out some sympathy, but also because it doesn't involve water treatment solutions or management strategies...

3 comments:

Merry Monk said...

Ouch! Plantar fasciitis is painful. The Monk had it a few years back. Worse first thing in the morning. Put a cup of water in the freezer and roll your foot on it in for a few minutes throughout the day. Reduces the swelling. Can go in a few weeks or last for months. Wear trainers. If very bad you could cut a hole out of the sole of the shoe where the pressure point is.
Ask Monk for all your foot faults.

Amy Waif said...

ooh, now at least I know what it is. I'm wearing very comfy ecco shoes at the moment. Talking of sore feet, how is marathon training going? x

Merry Monk said...

What marathon. The Monk knows of no marathon. He has a friend who recently finished 4745th in the Edinburgh marathon but The Monk cannot compare to that demi-god.