Thursday 18 June 2009

venting

Right, I just have to have a moan about this. I love living here, I really do, but I think even Mrs Patient from Patientsville would be a bit pissed of about this: I went to the post office this morning, to post something, natch. The post office on camp says it is open between 8.30 and 12, Monday -Friday, with a half hour tea break at 10. I went at quarter to nine today, and it was shut. When I asked around, I was told that the postie would be back from PT at around quarter past nine, and the post office would be open for about half an hour, as the whole camp is going on a museum trip this morning. 
You would be annoyed, wouldn't you? Tell me you would. Its not unreasonable to want to be able to post a letter during the post office's stated opening times, is it?
Yes, so the whole camp and his/her wife/husband are off to visit the ex-royal palace this morning. I decided not to go. It sounds quite interesting, but I can't face the bus trip and group photo thing. Hubby isn't going either. He says he has too much work to do.
Our boycotting of the museum trip has probably sealed our fate as being known as anti-social non-participating grumps, hey ho.

No comments: