Monday 15 June 2009

manic monday

Another monday, another band (general strike). Managed to get the kids to school, though; the police just waved us through. This band seems a bit lacklustre, certainly over this side of town - no tyre burning or anything. I sent Vasu home with the car, straight after school drop off, and I walked home after my very important trip to the spa (emergency reflexology). Lots of the little shops in side streets were open, they just had their shutters down, so I was still able to buy (almost more important than reflexology) strawberry and banana cornflakes.
Not quite sure how I'm going to get the kids home from school though, as Vasu has the afternoon off (yes, I know, he is always taking impromptu bits of time off at no notice and I did have to have stern words with him this morning, which made him look even more Kevin-the-teenager-ish than usual - the thing is, he is studying for a degree in business management, so he of all people should understand the concept of asking your manager for time off in advance. When I said, "Vasu, why am I paying for a driver and then paying for taxis as well?" his expression pretty much said, "Whatever". Pah! Students! Of course I was never like that when I was a student...). Anyway, unbeknown to him, he's on borrowed time, because Twin 2 will be able to use the school bus after the summer holidays, which pretty much makes him redundant, unless he pulls some 'added value' out of the bag, which I very much doubt.
Right, must get back to my irritating heroine, who does seem intent on snogging Mr Wrong, the silly bint!

No comments: