Monday 16 August 2010

no rabies, no teeth

I haven't got rabies yet, so that's good.
What else?
Son lost another tooth at the weekend. Unfortunately he still believes in the tooth fairy, so we have to cough up hard cash. The problem was, this time, that he literally lost the tooth, couldn't find it anywhere. So he insisted that he eat cheese before bed time, because that way he'd have happy dreams, smile a lot, and any passing tooth fairy would notice and pay up anyway. Luckily she did. She even wrote a note, yet again, even though she wondered to herself whether and eight-year-old really could still believe in her, or simply just wanted some dosh.
We spent most of the weekend (when not searching for absent milk teeth) watching Harry Potter DVDs. Son has read all the books, so now we have to watch all the films, and jolly good they are too. Twin 2 now says she is Hermione, Twin 1 is Harry Potter, and Son is Dumbledore. I guess that leaves me to be the horrible bossy headmistress who tried to get Dumbledore booted out then. Or Hagrid's dog. Who is Hubby I wonder?
Kids still ridiculously happy at school, which isn't right. Whatever happened to all the grumpy old grey-looking teachers? These lot are all young and springy and beautiful. In my day teachers had to look deeply unfashionable and hard-done-by, but clearly this is no longer the case, at least not in Kathmandu. Twins teacher is particularly dewy-eyed and gorgeous. I'm expecting Hubby to take a keen interest in year 1 parent-teacher meetings for this academic year (although I suspect I'll be left to do year 4 all alone).
At the moment Hubby is looking through the first ten pages of the new book. I'm expecting him to be as merciless as I generally am when he runs through water treatment presentations with me.
Must go, no charge left on laptop.
Take care x

No comments: