Sunday 22 August 2010

the joy of wellies

It's like living in Northern Ireland here at the moment (except a bit warmer). I can't remember the last time I saw a speck of blue sky. Still, at least I can prance about like the Queen of the Monsoon in my tasteful flowery wellies, and laugh at the spectacle of overflowing sewage pipes and squidgy dog poo in the street, whilst others mince precariously in flip flops.
I have to tell you about my gleeful wellie wearing, because it has been the highlight of the past five days, ever since the lurgy struck. Twin 2 now has hand, foot and mouth disease as well, and I have finally run out of my stock of craft things. Good job Toy Story 3 is out in the pirate DVD shop down the road (a bit blurred and wobbly though, as it was clearly filmed in a cinema).
Son, however, has had a fabulous time recently, with a gladiator party and a rock star party this weekend. Wish my social life was half as good.
One of the Twins' little friends now has h, f & m disease, and I feel guiltily pleased, because at least I can arrange a play date for the lurgy kids tomorrow, and have a grown up to talk to (although I'll have to steer the conversation towards waterproof footwear, as I have nothing else to talk about).
Take care xx

No comments: