Wednesday 18 August 2010

hand, foot and mouth

Still no rabies BUT...we do have hand, foot and mouth disease! Oh yes, I think with my reverse-wishful thinking I have cursed myself with letting yet another random childhood bug into the house. Poor Twin 1 has blisters all over her hands and feet and inside her mouth. The pain of eating necessitated an emergency trip to Ben & Jerry's for two tubs of very expensive ice cream - can't see the poor mite starve, can we?
Apparently hand, foot and mouth is a bit like chicken pox but even more infectious. Twin 1 was only diagnosed at lunchtime, but by school pickup there was an ominous looking letter to all year one parents warning them of the virus. Luckily Twin 1 is quite speedy, evasive and not one for physical affection, so she might not have infected anyone. If Twin 2 had it, the whole neighbourhood would be covered in infectious pustules by now, such is her propensity for smooching random strangers.
I think I had the grown-ups version of h, f & m last night: felt pants, sore throat, went to bed at seven, thus missing laydeez night out in Thamel, boo. Feel better now, though (think the ice cream helped). Glad to be feeling better but dreading the long march to the weekend, at home alone with puss-ridden, bored girl for company. I'm hoping that Twin 2 will develop some telltale pustules of her own by the morning, so I can keep her off as well, and at least they can play Harry Potter together, or something.
Anyway, so that's put an end to my hedonistic couple of weeks writing and lunching and generally behaving like Lady Muck - I knew it was too good to be true!
Must go and say goodnight to Son, who has been waiting about half an hour, poor chap.
Bye x

No comments: