Friday 27 August 2010

quarantine

Hubby has lurgy now. Son, who appears to have evolved out of illness (like crocodiles) still shows no signs of having been infected. I'm sending him back to school on Monday, whether they like it or not.
I managed to make it through one more day of bored-kids-who-aren't-ill-and-it's-too-rainy-to-go-outside by cracking open the paints and putting my playlist on the computer. No more of that High School Musical nonsense, no siree. So we painted dragons and listened to Jimi Hendrix and the Sugababes and Bob Dylan and the Black Eyed Peas (funny old thing, random play - one minute you're thirteen again and the next you're a forty-year-old matron). Then this afternoon they had to watch a DVD whilst I read two of Son's Mr Gum books (they are v. funny) and I survived the final day of quarantine with my sanity intact.
However, my brain is utterly empty now, so I'll go before I bore you with random discussions about characters in Mr Gum.

No comments: