Wednesday 7 November 2012

Hello! How the devil are you? I have a sore throat and a craving for bonfire toffee (shame it's all gone already). I also have a very nice new lip-and-cheek stain. (Sometimes a new purchase more than makes up for a lingering viral infection, I find). Anyway, how was your bonfire night? Here on camp the pyrotechnics were as splendid as ever and, surprisingly,  I didn't see anyone ducking for cover. It really was an impressively long display, so long, in fact, that Son got bored and went off to buy some toffee half way through. So that's the last of the exciting and sugar-filled manic nights over with, until Christmas, at least. Christmas! I know, it's far too soon to think about it, but that hasn't stopped me from buying all my xmas presents already. I can't help it. I start thinking about it as soon as the summer holidays are over. Tragic, I know.
Right, I had better go as it's nearly ten and I promised myself I'd go to bed at a sensible time tonight because I'm teaching in the morning. Tomorrow's lesson is about giving advice (use of should & shouldn't), and I'm giving out real problems from Zelda's problem pages in the Mail (no, I didn't actually buy a copy of the Mail, I appropriated it from McDonald's the other week). I have even done a recording of myself as Zelda, giving out useful advice to a forty-three year old woman whose husband has been having an affair, as a listening comprehension (I hope they don't think the forty-three year old is me...).
Night then xxx

No comments: