Tuesday 13 October 2009

Tuesday afternoon

Hi, Twin 2 is asleep upstairs and Meena is just about to bring me a masala tea and I've just snaffled a party sized Snickers from the fridge (which actually belongs to Twin 1, but I'm sure she's forgotten all about it and anyway, I think of it not as depriving her of a treat, more of aiding her dental health), so all in all life is good.
Out here it is starting to feel a tad autumnal - marble floors area trifle chilly in the mornings- however, a season change is always a good excuse for shopping, I feel. I know about the whole ebay ban thing, but I've decided that only applies to bidding for frivolities for me, not winter clothes for the kids, so I've had a pleasant spot of retail therapy over the last couple of days, and Son will now have a nice Boden rugby shirt (brand new with tags), and girls have princess vests and furry gilets to look forward to. I have also started to compile a big fat list of all the things I have to (I simply have to) buy before Hubby is posted, but I'm banning myself from actually shopping until I have finished writing the book. It is almost done, amazingly. I've got more than eighty thousand words already saved, and I've just got a few more scenes to type in and a couple more to create (nice, meaty ones, too: someone trapped under rubble, and another scene with a big row in the middle of a pub), which I'm really looking forward to writing. So the second draft should be ready by the time Hubby comes back from sailing, and I might make him read it all - will make a change from his usual fare of military history or business strategy stuff, at least.
Not too much Nepali insanity to report: there is now cash in the banks, hurrah.
My yoga teacher is still infuriating (today he told me that I must NEVER drink water during yoga, which was somewhat irritating as I had gone to yoga straight from the gym so I was sweaty and thirsty. I smiled and said sorry I was de-hydrated as I had just been on the rowing machine, then I couldn't help but mutter under my breath 'Anyway, it's not going to kill me, is it?'. Presumably even if drinking water during yoga was a life-threatening situation, then the cure would be yoga in any case, after all, it cures cancer, according to the yoga teacher...), so rather than leaving the yoga class relaxed and full of goodwill to humanity, I leave feeling cross and rebellious, which seems to defeat the purpose. Never mind, I can nearly touch my toes now, woo-hoo.
Anyway, should go now and pick up Twin 1 and Son from school. Need to leave plenty of time as you never know what might be on the road. The other week I was late for school because I got stuck behind an elephant. You know what it's like when you get stuck in a country lane behind a horse, and you're really scared of overtaking in case the horse gets spooked and rears up and crashes through your windscreen (well, that's what I worry about, anyway)? Well, imagine that, but magnified a lot. I mean, I think elephants are generally calmer and nicer than horses, but you wouldn't want to risk getting the wind up an elephant, would you?
Hubby is still away. I have a nice surprise for him when he gets back: my cousin is coming to visit, closely followed by my parents (I confidently expect him to pull an urgent work-related trip back to the UK when he hears the good news).
TTFN x
ps - how do you get an elephant to come down from a tree? tell it to sit on a leaf and wait until autumn.

No comments: