Monday 16 May 2011

mackerel breath

Hi, ought to be writing book, but can't seem to settle. oh, I've done a bit,  you know - but I have also sorted out old clothes and toys for the orphanage and reviewed someone else's book online (scarily good, actually, I think she might beat me to finding a publisher), and had an early lunch of mackerel and Ryevita (yes, I'm trying a hormone balancing diet to try to combat spots and madness - if eating mackerel gets rid of my general aura of witchiness at the moment, then mackerel it is. I'm also supposed to be switching to flaxseed oil and various expensive complementary medicines with  names that sound like Harry Potter characters: Don Quai and Agnus Castus, anyone? But you can't get them out here, so the full-on healthfood binge will have to wait until we're less than three thousand miles from a Holland & Barret shop).
Had a great weekend at Dwarika's. I had infiltrated Hubby's email account and mailed them in his name to ask whether they could do 'something special' for his wife on her birthday. Worked a treat! There was a super-lush chocolate birthday cake waiting in our room, and I got a free glass of plum wine at the Japanese restaurant. Even better, all the staff kept wishing me Happy Birthday. It was fab. I shall have to do it again next year, when perhaps Captain Hubby can take me to Ragdale Hall? (yes, I'm hoping he'll read this and get the hint).
Have to zip off to the dentist in a bit to get an abrasion thingy filled. It's not fair, when you're a kid everyone tells you to brush your teeth properly, but nobody mentioned that you end up having to have fillings from brushing too much. Which reminds me - ought to brush my teeth before I go or the dentist will get the full effects of my mackerel breath.
Tomorrow I will finish chapter nine. I really will. I would have finished it today, but it's hard to write about someone strung-out with grief, when you're feeling pretty perky and a tad manic...
TTFN x

No comments: