Tuesday 17 May 2011

another day

Twins are eating dried seaweed in front of a DVD. I know it's wierd, but they like it. Hubby is in Pokhara, so we had the dinner we really wanted (sausage and chips for the kids, sushi for me). I expect he's having a dahl bhat and whisky - don't know why I think so, I'm just a bit psychic when it comes to Hubby and Pokhara. My supernatural powers also tell me that he will have one too many whiskys and come back grumpy tomorrow...
My job tonight is to edit camcorder footage, a whole year of it. Not sure it's possible, but I can't deprive us of a record of their childhoods, can I? Or maybe I could. Maybe I could just tell them that all they did for the first eighteen years of their lives was eat dried seaweed in front of the telly (it wouldn't be too far from the truth).
Wild excitement this week is the key stage 1 swimming gala on Friday. Must remember to take a flask, a selection of snacks, and possibly a neck pillow in case I nod off (well, you know what it's like, you sit there all morning, ready to do the whole proud parent thing, and then your child is on the final race, just when you'd given up and gone to get a coffee).
Gary is whining outside the door, but I'm not budging. He can't nag me into letting him in, no matter how pitiful he sounds, the lazy lupine grape-eater.
Hmm, fancy a bit more sushi now. Just about enough time before bedtime.
x

No comments: