Wednesday 8 June 2011

partied out

Oh no, nearly bed time and I'm very tired (not sure why, as I managed a power nap after lunch - maybe I'm just a wuss), but I do have time to tell you about fabulous Twins' sports day (still hoarse from having to shout not just for my two but also for several other girls whose parents couldn't make it to school), and even more fabulous Kushagra's sixth birthday party. I think Kushagra's dad - I've never met him - is responsible for quite a large portion of Nepal's GDP. He imports steel and whisky (knowing how they knock it back here, I bet he makes more money from the whisky), and lives in a nice part of town where all the embassies are. This is the third year I've been to Kushagra's party, and it's just as good as the other years. This year the party theme was VW Beetle cars (maybe the dad has car showrooms too?). In addition to the bouncy castle, face painter and magic show, there was a brand new Beetle (no plates, so clearly straight from the showroom) for the children to sit on and have their photos taken by the official photographer. Wonder what they'll do next year? Fly the kids in by helicopter, perhaps? Sadly we'll miss it, as we'll be back to being plebs in the UK. Shame.
Kids came home full of jelly and chocolate and slightly manic, and so did I.
It's no good, it's nearly ten o'clock and I really have to lie down. Oh, you know a sports day and the kid's party event of the year, all in one day - it's just a bit much!
Night x

No comments: