Sunday 5 June 2011

I think I may have made a date with a parking attendant.

I think I may have made a date with a parking attendant. Or I may have agreed to buy his grandmother. I'm not sure. You see, yesterday I was in  perky mood when I went to pick up our saturday night pizza. The little parking chap (seventeen, at most), smiled at me and I smiled back. I decided to give a bit of my lamentable Nepali a try and asked him 'how much?' in Nepali, and I even understood when he told me it was twenty rupees. Clearly enthused, he then asked if I spoke Nepali, to which I replied 'a little'. But you know, it really is a little. I managed to tell him my name, but then he burbled on a lot, and I nodded in a smiley way, understanding nothing. By the time I pulled away with my (by then almost cold) pizzas, I was under the distinct impression that I had agreed to come back for something...but what? Perhaps he is in league with the scary lychee men and I've agreed to buy twenty kilos of lychees, or arrange for his visa to the UK? I don't know.
Anyway, now I'm not thinking about it and trying to concentrate on the Wire, which Hubby loves, but keeps sending me to sleep. I feel like I ought to like it because it's gritty and complex etc. but the truth is I'm just not up to the intellectual challenge at this time in the evening.
Oh, good news, Twin 2 swam a width yesterday, hurrah!
And more good news, I have just booked our summer holiday in Dubai - hurrah again!
Right, ought to try to start concentrating on the Wire, I suppose.
Night, then. x

No comments: