Thursday 16 June 2011

thirty two point four per cent

Just finished chapter eleven (well, almost, still need to type up final scene). Woo-hoo, I am cooking on gas - not literally, that's Mani's job.

So now I can have lunch (oily fish or hummus with ryevita - still on anti-witch diet), have reflexology, pick up kids and not have a nagging feeling about not having written enough today. Hurrah.

I'm having to pick up kids today (I've been sending them on the school bus recently as it gives me extra time to write) because I need to take the Twins and their little friend to the Year 1 end-of-year party, where the fabulous class rep has arranged for them all to decorate cupcakes and have a lovely time. Son is in Year 4 and not invited. If only he had a Year 4 party to attend instead. Shouldn't the Year 4 rep have organised something, like a pool party or bowling? Who is the lazy old Year 4 class rep anyway? ...oh, that's right, it's me. Apologies to any Year 4 parents reading this, but I am too busy being a wannabe author to do a party right now. Soz.

Twins hair is looking very nice today, hardly a hint of green in it. I'm very pleased because I finally managed to get tomato sauce on their hair last night, by cunningly mixing it up with conditioner and calling it a 'hair masque'. I also had to promise them both a sweet if they kept the 'hair masque' on for twenty minutes. Voila, chlorine stains gone and nice soft hair to boot (slightly red scalps and lingering tomatoe-y aroma though, but lets not dwell on that).

I discovered yesterday that the science of marriage dictates that the most blissfully wedded couples are in a relationship where the man is five years older than his wife, and the woman is twenty seven percent more intelligent (in fact, my old English teacher wrote a poem on the subject: http://www.theweeklypoem.com). I've been thinking about this. Hubby and I have been (mostly) happily married for thirteen years. He is four years older than me. So, given that the age gap is one year less than the optimum, does that mean that the percentage intelligence must be even higher, to compensate? What I mean is that if he's only four years older than me, and we're still happy, surely this must mean that I am at least thirty three percent more intelligent than him. Oh, come on, it makes sense. You do the maths - oh, okay I will, just wait a second...one fifth of twenty seven is... 5.4, and 27+5.4= 32.4
Okay, so I must be 32.4% more intelligent, no? (although will our marriage still be happy after Hubby reads this? Might have to recalculate...)
Right, I'm off for yummy fish and ryevita now xxx

No comments: